Arctic Char with Butter Sauce and Asparagus
- 1 fillet (about 1/3 lb) very fresh arctic char
- 2 bunches asparagus, prepared as instructed in instructions 1 and 2 here
- 1 head garlic
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) unsalted butter, split into 3 tbsp and 5 tbsp sections
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Thinly slice the arctic char.
- Add the 3 tbsp of unsalted butter to a wide pan. Caramelize the garlic on one side, then flip and add the asparagus. Continue to cook the asparagus as instructed in instructions 5 and 6 here.
- Melt the 5 tbsp of butter; mix with the dijon mustard, lemon juice, and chives.
- Pile the asparagus and garlic on a plate, then top with the arctic char. Drizzle with the butter-mustard sauce.